The aim of the foundation is to maintain and operate Neushoorn in Leeuwarden, and thereby, in collaboration with others, offer a connecting and inspiring place where enthusiasts, cultural organizations, individual art practitioners, education and the public meet to learn, experiment and experience pop culture.
The foundation aims to achieve its goals by:
- Offering a broad pop programming: from mainstream to niche. from pop music to pop literature;
- realizing a high-quality program;
- offering a ‘brûsplak’ for new ideas and initiatives;
- being a hotspot and instigator for innovative festivals;
- stimulating and supporting new (pop) culture initiatives in Leeuwarden;
- making an important contribution to enhancing the liveliness in the city of Leeuwarden;
- operating a catering facility (or having it operated);
- helping to realize the educational vision of Friesland College, among other things by offering learning and experience workplaces;
- being a meeting place for pop artists, producers, buyers, financiers, students from Friesland College, among others, and the general public;
- organizing supporting, informative and educational activities for pop artists, up-and-coming talent, students, including Firda/Friesland College, other parties directly involved and the general public;
- holding interests in legal persons, partnerships and companies, cooperating with them, financing them (in whatever form) as well as managing them or supervising them, all this insofar as such participation, cooperation or financing is subservient to the realization of the purpose of the foundation;
- cooperating with other cultural institutions in Leeuwarden with Firda/Friesland College, with the municipality of Leeuwarden, other governments such as the province of Friesland and other regional, provincial or national organizations in the field of (pop) culture and education;
- everything that is directly or indirectly related to this or that can be conducive thereto, everything in the broadest sense of the word.
The foundation’s assets serve to achieve the foundation’s purpose.
The foundation does not aim to make a profit.
In achieving its goal, the foundation will be guided by the Principles and Best Practice provisions of the Governance Code, which applies to the cultural sector, as they read now or in the future.